Looking for a job opportunity in Penang? Just graduated? Starting your career? Looking for a rewarding career? Do you want to work in a natural environment? This is a rare opportunity for you!
Penang Butterfly Farm, the World’s 1st Tropical Live Butterfly & Insect Sanctuary which consists of a team of people who loves nature, butterflies and insects has been spreading the conservation message through their sustainability efforts, awareness and educational activities. This year, we are expanding and opening our door of opportunity to young, dynamic and nature-oriented individuals to grow with us.
IT Support Officer
- Maintenance of Computing Devices, Servers & Network System
- Tracking and monitoring of IT assets and consumables
- Provide basic IT troubleshooting support to all users
- Liaison with various IT suppliers and contractors
- Assist in design and planning of new IT projects
- Professional Certificate/Diploma/Degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent field
- Possess at least 1 to 2 years of working experience in related field.
- Good communication skills and able to interact with people at all levels
- Knowledge in any related Software skills or IT Planning skills is an added advantage
- Fresh graduates with strong interest and relevant skills will also be considered
Junior Gardener (Nursery)
- Cut and transplant seedings, cuttings and shrubs.
- Harvest, transplant and label them.
- Inspect plants to assess quality.
- Regulate irrigation system.
- Operate equipment to fertilize and control pest.
- Pest management.
- Clean work areas and maintain nursery cleanliness.
- Record information about plants and plant growth.
- Maintain inventory.
- Candidates must possess at least SPM or equivalent.
- Must have at least 1 year working experience in nursery, landscaping or equivalent.
- Able to speak simple English.
- Willing to work in Teluk Bahang area.
- Hardworking and need minimum supervision.
Botany & Nursery Specialist
- Manage nursery that grow nectar, host and ornamental plants for the garden.
- Identifying, classifying, recording and monitorning plant species and problems (i.e. diseases, weeds, insect pests).
- Develop plant care schedule including fertilization and pest management.
- Lead and monitor team of botany & nursery for daily routine tasks.
- Involve in R&D matters related with botany & nursery in supporting garden needs.
- Maintain and improves production and stock plants through accountability and awareness of plant specifications and propagation timing.
- Support the garden and consultancy project as and when needed.
- Lead in herbarium collection.
- Any ad-hoc tasks assigned by superior.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Horticulture, Agriculture, Biological Sciences or equivalent.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Willing to work in Teluk Bahang area.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, positive, proactive and able to prioritize task.
- To design promotial materials such as flyer, signage, posters, packaging, promotional items, menu, form, tags, illustration, mascot, icon, jpeg for website.
- To support in branding, conceptualising, decoration and visual improvements in the farm.
- Possess a minimum Diploma or Degree in Graphic/Multimedia/Design/Advertising or equivalent.
- Possess artistic and illustrative skill.
- Possess strong creativity, graphic knowledge and skills of the Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max & etc.
- Must be creative, independent and resourceful.
- Must be committed, responsible and a team player.
- Knowledge of web programming (ASP, PHP, ActionScript, etc) will be an added advantage.
- Responsible to plan, establish and maintain mutual understanding and goodwill between farm and all stakeholders (i.e. press, local community, guests, owners, vendors, and employees).
- Constantly create publicity and make the farm known to the local and international market.
- Review & define standards for all communication collaterals & channels, to ensure high standard of quality & accuracy of content.
- Assist Marketing & Promotion Department in any other assigned duties.
- Advanced Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Business/Mass Communication/Journalism.
- At least 1-2 years of experiences in related field.
- Knowledge of social media management.
- Competent design skills with Adobe will be an added advantage.
For all positions, interested candidates are invited to email their resume to email@example.com or mail to the address below:-
Penang Butterfly Farm
No. 830, Jalan Teluk Bahang
Alternatively, you may call our Human Resource Manager (04-8851384) to arrange for an interview.